Naples City Police Chief Andrew Cox unexpectedly passes away
UINTAH COUNTY, Utah — Naples City Police Chief Andrew Cox passed away unexpectedly at his home on Saturday, according to a press release from the Uintah County’s Sheriff’s Office.
Cox, 47, suffered a fatal medical event, according to authorities. Unfortunately, when first responders arrived at the scene, Cox was already deceased.
Comments on the passing of the Naples City Police Chief
The Naples City Police Department issued a statement Sunday evening on the passing of Chief Cox.
The statement read: “Drew created a huge network of friends and colleagues; he was a friend to everyone he met,” the statement read. “There wasn’t a time he entered a room that everyone didn’t know he was there. He spent his life and career trying to make a difference for the people he encountered, both on and off the job. Many will remember his sense of humor and the fact that he always had a joke for everyone. Our community will miss him greatly. The Naples City Police Department is honored to continue his legacy of service.”
The Utah Peace Officers Association through Duchesne County Sheriff Travis Tucker issued a statement on the passing of Chief Cox.
It read: “We are very saddened to hear of the passing of Naples City Police Chief Drew Cox. Chief Cox was a very savvy and trusted officer who served Duchesne County valiantly for many years as a member of the Sheriff’s office,” the statement read. “His expertise and knowledge of K9 training and handling was well known, highly admired and much sought after. Chief Cox was instrumental in developing K9 programs for many agencies in our area.”
Additionally, the Jensen Fire Department also issued a statement on the passing of Chief Cox.
The statement read: “Our heart felt sympathy is with the Cox family and the Naples P.D. Chief Cox was a great man and officer. We were honored to have known him,” the statement read.
Chief Cox had served in law enforcement for more than 20 years. Prior to becoming chief, Cox had served as a lieutenant, officer, and detective.
No other information was available.
- Lieutenant Drew Cox, Naples Police Department
- Police are looking for a man who rammed a police car and then crashed into a house
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one