13-year-old child struck by vehicle while trick-or-treating has died
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Police say a 13-year-old child struck by a vehicle while trick-or-treating this weekend has died.
Taylorsville police report Karl Finch, 13, died early Monday, Nov. 1, at Primary Children’s Hospital, two days after the Halloween weekend accident near 2700 W. Matterhorn Drive.
Police say Finch was crossing the street Saturday night with three other teens when a car struck Finch and two of the others. It happened around 7 p.m. Police say the driver is cooperating while they investigate.
Finch went to Primary Children’s Hospital in extremely critical condition. One of the other teens was listed in critical condition. The third child who was injured suffered only minor injuries.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim