13-year-old child struck by vehicle while trick-or-treating has died
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Police say a 13-year-old child struck by a vehicle while trick-or-treating this weekend has died.
Taylorsville police report Karl Finch, 13, died early Monday, Nov. 1, at Primary Children’s Hospital, two days after the Halloween weekend accident near 2700 W. Matterhorn Drive.
Police say Finch was crossing the street Saturday night with three other teens when a car struck Finch and two of the others. It happened around 7 p.m. Police say the driver is cooperating while they investigate.
Finch went to Primary Children’s Hospital in extremely critical condition. One of the other teens was listed in critical condition. The third child who was injured suffered only minor injuries.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard