Garage fire in Sandy displaces family
SANDY, Utah — A family has been displaced from their home after a garage fire in Sandy.
Sandy Fire Deputy Chief Ryan McConaghie reported that his department responded around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday night to a fully engulfed garage fire on 9500 S 170 E.
“The garage, car, and attic of the home caught on fire. Living space wasn’t burned by the fire.
“Two parents and one child are displaced along with two dogs. One cat died in this fire,” said McConaghie.
Fire departments from Sandy and West Jordan responded by sending 6 to 8 units to the scene.
No injuries were sustained due to the fire. Total damage from the fire is estimated to be around $250,000, reported Sandy FD.
The family is currently displaced from their home, being housed by family, according to Sandy FD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- The Queen Center