Garage fire in Sandy displaces family
SANDY, Utah — A family has been displaced from their home after a garage fire in Sandy.
Sandy Fire Deputy Chief Ryan McConaghie reported that his department responded around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday night to a fully engulfed garage fire on 9500 S 170 E.
“The garage, car, and attic of the home caught on fire. Living space wasn’t burned by the fire.
“Two parents and one child are displaced along with two dogs. One cat died in this fire,” said McConaghie.
Fire departments from Sandy and West Jordan responded by sending 6 to 8 units to the scene.
No injuries were sustained due to the fire. Total damage from the fire is estimated to be around $250,000, reported Sandy FD.
The family is currently displaced from their home, being housed by family, according to Sandy FD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident