UPDATE: Teens killed after rollover on SR-56 are identified
IRON COUNTY, Utah — A 17-year-old and a 13-year-old were killed in an accident on SR-56 in Iron County Thursday morning.
On Friday afternoon the teens were identified as Brody Bullock, age 17, and Jaylee Culbertson, age 13. Both teens were passengers in the pickup truck and died at the scene of the crash.
The Utah Highway Patrol reported that a truck was traveling east on SR-56, near milepost 15, when it rolled several times.
The truck left the highway and hit an embankment at 7200 West, where five juveniles were thrown from the car.
None of the teens were wearing seatbelts according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Three other teens were hospitalized in critical, serious, and fair conditions.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim