Motorcyclist killed on I-15 after rear-ending a car on Friday
Draper, UT – A motorcyclist was killed after rear-ending a car on Friday evening. Utah Highway Patrol said a man driving a Yamaha motorcycle ‘recklessly’ hit a Toyota Prius.
The accident happened on I-15 SB near 12300 South. Officers received several reports that the motorcyclist killed moved over to the HOV lane, but did not slow down before hitting the back of the car.
Four teenagers were riding in the Toyota Prius. None of them suffered any injuries.
Lanes on I-15 were closed for several hours while troopers investigated the accident.
Troopers are investigating a fatal crash at 12300 S I-15 southbound. All traffic is being diverted off 11400 S. Please slow down in the area and avoid it if possible. pic.twitter.com/oEwwegx4Md
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 6, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs