Car chase in West Valley City leads to manhunt
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Police are searching for a suspect from a car chase in West Valley City last night.
Around 10 p.m. yesterday, a West Valley police officer ran the plates of a red pickup truck that came up stolen, reported WVCPD Lt. Robert Brinton.
Brinton said that police then prepared a tire spike trap nearby to stop the vehicle. When the suspect hit the trap, it blew out all four tires. The suspect continued driving and entered S.R. 201 Eastbound.
This chase continued until the suspect left the I-80 State Street ramp and started driving southbound on State Street using the northbound lanes. Police stopped the car chase at that point, Brinton reported.
Ten minutes after terminating the chase, police located the stolen car abandoned at 3000 South 200 East. Brinton explained they started a search of the vehicle as a witness pointed in the direction the suspect fled.
Police searched for the suspect but were unable to locate him. The vehicle has been returned to the owner, reported Brinton.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Man arrested after overnight car chase in Taylorsville
- Salt Lake City police make an arrest in deadly weekend car chase
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges