Salt Lake City Mayor announces ‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall announces a campaign encouraging people to buy local during the holidays. The mayor and the Downtown Alliance have launched the ninth ‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market.
Salt Lake City Mayor announces promotions, giveaways and more
Mayor Mendenhall said the downtown winter farmers market will open on Saturday, November 13, 2021, at 11 o’clock in the morning. Patrons will be able to take part in a variety of promotions, discounts and giveaways. One giveaway includes a staycation with a night out on the town. Someone could enjoy a stay at Hotel Monaco, two tickets to Ballet West’s Nutcracker, and a $100 certificate to dine at Pago on Main.
Local vendors will also offer produce, meat, dairy products, desserts, arts and crafts and many other items available to purchase.
‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market begins Saturday
‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market will open Saturday morning. The event will be on the north side of Pioneer Park on Saturday. Following the opening event, festivities will move to it’s 2021-2022 location at the north side of The Gateway and continue on Saturday from 10 a.m., to 2 p.m. The Market will end on April 23, 2022.
The Downtown Alliance encourages shopping local to avoid shipping concerns.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- After being hit by a bus, Ryan Hamilton announces changes to performance schedule
- Free fares across entire UTA system for the month of February
- Spirit Airlines comes to Salt Lake City Airport
- Man in custody following high-speed chase through Utah County
- Disney is taking full control of streaming service Hulu
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- Bill aimed to ‘save’ Great Salt Lake to be introduced this legislative session
- Family of teen shot near Hunter High School: He’s a miracle
- Jennie Nguyen removed from Real Housewives of SLC