Salt Lake City Mayor announces ‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall announces a campaign encouraging people to buy local during the holidays. The mayor and the Downtown Alliance have launched the ninth ‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market.
Salt Lake City Mayor announces promotions, giveaways and more
Mayor Mendenhall said the downtown winter farmers market will open on Saturday, November 13, 2021, at 11 o’clock in the morning. Patrons will be able to take part in a variety of promotions, discounts and giveaways. One giveaway includes a staycation with a night out on the town. Someone could enjoy a stay at Hotel Monaco, two tickets to Ballet West’s Nutcracker, and a $100 certificate to dine at Pago on Main.
Local vendors will also offer produce, meat, dairy products, desserts, arts and crafts and many other items available to purchase.
‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market begins Saturday
‘Choose SLC’ Winter Market will open Saturday morning. The event will be on the north side of Pioneer Park on Saturday. Following the opening event, festivities will move to it’s 2021-2022 location at the north side of The Gateway and continue on Saturday from 10 a.m., to 2 p.m. The Market will end on April 23, 2022.
The Downtown Alliance encourages shopping local to avoid shipping concerns.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo
- Local Boy Scouts to honor President Thomas S. Monson
- Utah hoping to avoid President’s possible “trade war” with China
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in Sugarhouse crash is identified