One inmate recaptured after five break out of county jail in Georgia, officials say
(CNN) — A reward is being offered for the capture of four inmates still at large after escaping from a south Georgia jail on Friday, with one inmate recaptured after making it only as far as a neighboring county.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) issued a Blue Alert after the five — including two accused of murder — escaped from the Pulaski County Jail shortly after 11 p.m. Friday.
The inmates were identified as Tyree Williams Jr., Dennis Penix Jr., Brandon Pooler, Tyres Jackson and Lewis Evans III, according to the GBI.
“Tyree Williams is now in custody in Warner Robins. Police continue the search for 4 escaped inmates …” the GBI said in part Sunday evening on Twitter.
“The U.S. Marshals Service is offering a reward of up to $5000.00 for information leading to the direct arrest of any of the wanted escapees. #BlueAlert” the GBI went on to say in their tweet.
All five inmates have a history of violent crimes and are armed with two stun guns, the GBI says. They stole a white 2015 KIA Sedona van from Pulaski County Jail parking lot after escaping the prison. The van’s Georgia license plate reads CMP8628.
Pulaski County Sheriff Danny Brannen told WMAZ at least one of the five inmates attacked a female jailer when she was in a cell, talking with an inmate.
CNN has reached out to Brannen and the GBI for additional information Sunday.
Authorities are asking the public not to approach the individuals. Anyone who sees them should call 911, the GBI said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar
- UDOT makes changes to traffic study after feedback
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck