COVID 19 testing in Utah now easier with more hours and locations
Nov 16, 2021, 3:51 PM | Updated: 3:53 pm
(Photo: Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Department of Health (UDOH) has added more hours, locations, and COVID-19 testing options all across the state. And no appointment is needed either. Perhaps best of all, tests offered by UDOH are free.
The tests include rapid tests, PCR, and mailing options for those who qualify.
Rapid testing results are available within 15-60 minutes. And regular test results are available within 24-48 hours.
UDOH and Fulgent genetics are offering mail-based, at-home testing for Utahns in rural areas or who are unable to access a community testing site. To see if you qualify for an at-home test, register here.
Also, UDOH has partnered with NOMI Health (TestUtah) to offer two dedicated locations for COVID-19 travel testing. As a result, two locations in Salt Lake City and St. George will provide specific lines for travelers which will be open Monday through Sunday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information on travel testing, visit the link here.
Not all travel testing sites will have the same tests, so plan accordingly.
To find a testing location near you, and for more information, visit the link here.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water. And do so for at least 20 seconds.
- Also, don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707