Hiker dies shortly after being found in Holbrook Canyon
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Hiker dies shortly after being found Sunday by search and rescue in Holbrook Canyon.
Stephanie Dinsmore, a spokesperson from the Davis County Sherrif’s Office says search and rescue were called at 19:30 on Saturday after the 58-year-old hiker had been missing for a while.
DPS helicopter and ground search and rescue worked together and were able to locate the missing hiker via GPS. They found him unconscious and call lifeflight, the hiker passed on the scene away before lifeflight arrived.
The search and rescue team carried the body off the mountain and cleared the area at 12:30 am.
The medical examiner is currently determining the cause of the death, no signs of body trauma were seen according to Dinsmore.
“We’re not exactly sure what led to it, if it was exposure or if there was an incident,” Dinsmore said.
The Sherrif’s office has not released the identity of the victim.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires