Hiker dies shortly after being found in Holbrook Canyon
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Hiker dies shortly after being found Sunday by search and rescue in Holbrook Canyon.
Stephanie Dinsmore, a spokesperson from the Davis County Sherrif’s Office says search and rescue were called at 19:30 on Saturday after the 58-year-old hiker had been missing for a while.
DPS helicopter and ground search and rescue worked together and were able to locate the missing hiker via GPS. They found him unconscious and call lifeflight, the hiker passed on the scene away before lifeflight arrived.
The search and rescue team carried the body off the mountain and cleared the area at 12:30 am.
The medical examiner is currently determining the cause of the death, no signs of body trauma were seen according to Dinsmore.
“We’re not exactly sure what led to it, if it was exposure or if there was an incident,” Dinsmore said.
The Sherrif’s office has not released the identity of the victim.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing