Violence on Victory Road
SALT LAKE CITY — The early morning hours on Tuesday saw an exchange of violence that resulted in a stabbing on Victory Road.
Salt Lake City Police Department Lt. Tim Stone reported that late Monday night and into Tuesday morning, a disagreement began between one male, 44 years old, and another, 53 years old.
Salt Lake City Police received a call on a scanner around 12:15 am of a reported stabbing. When police arrived on scene, they found the victim of the stabbing, the 53-year-old male, on Victory Road with multiple stab wounds to the chest area.
The suspect who inflicted the stab wounds reportedly ran from the scene of the crime. Police later found the suspect at 300 W 600 N.
The stabbing victim cooperated with police and was taken into custody. Police reported he was in stable condition in a hospital receiving treatment for his injuries.
After locating the suspect, the 44-year-old male, police apprehended and interviewed him. They reported plans to take the suspect to jail following a detailed interview about the events and how they transpired.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- Dropping ‘Big Lie’ a good first step toward compromise, says former Arizona senator
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport