Man arrested for sexual exploitation of minors and forgery
LOGAN, Utah — A man is behind bars after being accused of forgery and sexual exploitation of minors.
53-year-old Fredy Argueta was arrested on 15 counts of forgery, 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, 6 counts of enticing a minor by internet or text, and 6 counts of dealing in materials harmful to minor.
Internet crimes against children search
Argueta’s alleged crimes of sexual exploitation of minors and forgery were discovered while serving an Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Search Warrant for child porn in Logan.
Forged government documents
During that search, officers reported they discovered forged government documents. Specifically, they found five fake Social Security cards and four fake Permanent Resident Cards that used the name of Fredy Argueta. In total, police-reported Argueta was in possession of 15 forged government documents.
All of these forged documents were found in a suitcase, which police say could be used to grab and run quickly if needed.
Exploitation through Facebook
Logan police also say Argueta messaged various minors on Facebook. During the chats, Argueta identified himself as a 21-year-old male, despite being 53 years old.
Facebook data showed the account made by Argueta participated in sexually explicit conversations with minor Facebook users and obtained pornographic content from the minors.
Officials also reported finding Argueta participating in a group chat with other members. The chat shared child porn videos and images.
Using IP tracking and other methods, Logan officers located an Alcatel tablet inside a home in Logan believed to belong to Argueta.
On Tuesday, November 23rd, law enforcement searched the residence with a warrant and took Fredy Argueta into custody, officials report.
Police also report discovering the Alcatel at the home. Argueta told police the tablet was his. The tablet was signed into the Facebook account used for the various sexual crimes reported above.
Denied despite incriminating evidence
Law enforcement reported discovering over 10 images and videos of sexually explicit material on Argueta’s cell phone and Facebook account. They also reported conversations between Fredy and at least 6 minors. During these conversations, Fredy was reported to have requested sexually explicit material and sent pornographic images to them.
According to officials, “Fredy denied ownership or participation in these acts despite being confronted with overwhelming evidence of such.”
Officials also found several forged government documents in Fredy’s bedroom.
Argueta is now facing serial criminal charges. Logan PD report he has been charged with 15 counts of forgery, 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, 6 counts of enticing a minor by internet or text, and 6 counts of dealing in materials harmful to minor.
This investigation is ongoing. The report will be updated.
- Utah corrections official accused of trying to lure teen for sex
- Sex offender arrested after answering door naked on Halloween
- Roy police officer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols