Here’s why your ticket price out of SLC seems so high right now
SALT LAKE CITY — The average price of an airline ticket from Salt Lake City costs about $50 more now than it did at the end of 2020.
And while that may induce the feeling of sticker shock, Joe Brancatelli with the business travel website JoeSentMe, said it’s important to remember that what we’re seeing now are prices that are more along the lines of what we were seeing pre-pandemic.
“So now it really feels like sticker shock,” Brancatelli said, “back to 2019.”
Finding a less expensive ticket price is possible, he said, but because Delta Airlines controls so many flights out of Salt Lake City International Airport, finding a cheaper flight might mean you have to accept more stops.
“That’s basically going to be the only way for you to get your pricing down, to accept a less convenient flight possibly with a connection,” Brancatelli said.
However, there is some better news. Brancatelli said he expects to see air travel prices dip in January and February.
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Senate passes Democrats’ sweeping health care and climate bill
- Restrictions on golf courses, non-functional grass among Washington County strict water rules
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- Can the average Utahn afford to go solar?
- Crowd lifts car from person hit by speeding driver in West Valley City