Attempted robbery at West Valley hair salon leaves one injured, shooter still at large
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — An attempted robbery Friday afternoon at a hair salon in West Valley has authorities searching for an armed gunman.
Authorities say the robbery took place at 3500 South and Redwood Road around 2:30 p.m.
According to authorities, a 40-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to her leg. It’s considered to be non-life threatening.
The suspect, a middle-aged black male, escaped in a dark-colored passenger vehicle.
There are several units in the area trying to locate him. According to the police investigation, authorities say two females were also with the suspect at the time of the robbery.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Human chain formed to help after Pittsburgh bridge collapse
- VIDEO: Black Frontier Middle School student reportedly bullied on school bus
- Rep. Teuscher to hold off on curriculum bill, consult more teachers
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Pennsylvania court strikes down expansive mail-in voting law
- Pedestrian hit by two cars in fatal accident
- Dead body found in the Jordan River
- Controversial bill challenged by teachers now on hold
- ‘We can do it in 5 minutes’: Governor Cox will sign bill giving state’s…
- Six more patients accuse Kaysville chiropractor of sexual abuse