Attempted robbery at West Valley hair salon leaves one injured, shooter still at large
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — An attempted robbery Friday afternoon at a hair salon in West Valley has authorities searching for an armed gunman.
Authorities say the robbery took place at 3500 South and Redwood Road around 2:30 p.m.
According to authorities, a 40-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to her leg. It’s considered to be non-life threatening.
The suspect, a middle-aged black male, escaped in a dark-colored passenger vehicle.
There are several units in the area trying to locate him. According to the police investigation, authorities say two females were also with the suspect at the time of the robbery.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips