Attempted robbery at West Valley hair salon leaves one injured, shooter still at large
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — An attempted robbery Friday afternoon at a hair salon in West Valley has authorities searching for an armed gunman.
Authorities say the robbery took place at 3500 South and Redwood Road around 2:30 p.m.
According to authorities, a 40-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to her leg. It’s considered to be non-life threatening.
The suspect, a middle-aged black male, escaped in a dark-colored passenger vehicle.
There are several units in the area trying to locate him. According to the police investigation, authorities say two females were also with the suspect at the time of the robbery.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- Layton Police still searching for teenager missing from treatment center
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- Nine years later: the Susan Powell case revisited
- Police looking for driver that caused hit and run, gas leak on Redwood Road
- Police release video of Provo MTC shooting, hope for more information
- National Park Service stonewalls public records in Gabby Petito case