Holiday travel numbers show departures and returns about the same
SALT LAKE CITY — Holiday travel numbers are up and airport departures and returns just about mirror each other. While not quite back to pre-pandemic numbers, Salt Lake International Airport will see thousands of people return through their terminals.
Director of Communication and Marketing at the airport, Nancy Volmer said holiday travel numbers are similar.
“Looks like we are projecting about 26,000 passengers coming through the front door today (Sunday). That is comparable to the numbers we were seeing the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. Passengers are returning home from the holiday!”
However, on the roads, Utah Department of Transportation stopped all major road construction projects for the holiday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Human chain formed to help after Pittsburgh bridge collapse
- VIDEO: Black Frontier Middle School student reportedly bullied on school bus
- Rep. Teuscher to hold off on curriculum bill, consult more teachers
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Pennsylvania court strikes down expansive mail-in voting law
- Pedestrian hit by two cars in fatal accident
- Dead body found in the Jordan River
- Controversial bill challenged by teachers now on hold
- ‘We can do it in 5 minutes’: Governor Cox will sign bill giving state’s…
- Six more patients accuse Kaysville chiropractor of sexual abuse