Holiday travel numbers show departures and returns about the same
SALT LAKE CITY — Holiday travel numbers are up and airport departures and returns just about mirror each other. While not quite back to pre-pandemic numbers, Salt Lake International Airport will see thousands of people return through their terminals.
Director of Communication and Marketing at the airport, Nancy Volmer said holiday travel numbers are similar.
“Looks like we are projecting about 26,000 passengers coming through the front door today (Sunday). That is comparable to the numbers we were seeing the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. Passengers are returning home from the holiday!”
However, on the roads, Utah Department of Transportation stopped all major road construction projects for the holiday.
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- Layton Police still searching for teenager missing from treatment center
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- National Park Service stonewalls public records in Gabby Petito case
- Nine years later: the Susan Powell case revisited
- UPDATED: Shots fired at indoor swap meet in West Valley City