Two dead from a head-on crash near Clearfield
SUNSET, Utah — Two people are dead after a head-on crash Sunday night.
A man was driving southbound on Main street when he veered into a woman driving northbound, reported Sgt. Brett Jamison with Sunset PD.
Police report the woman was driving the speed limit, but the man who veered into her lane was going 5-10 mph over the limit.
The woman died upon impact.
The man was life-flighted off the scene but ultimately succumbed to his injuries, according to Sgt. Jamison.
Police are investigating to see whether drugs, alcohol or medical impairment were involved.
The identities of the victims have not yet been released.
More details to come.
- Fatal crashes, auto-pedestrian accidents across Utah up from last year
- Crash results in motorcyclist fatality
- Fatal car crash on North Temple, Trax lines delayed
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Time Out on the Field