News brief: Holiday season begins with warm weather
SALT LAKE CITY — The official start of winter isn’t until December 21, but if you’re thinking it’s usually colder by this time of year, you’re right.
We usually have a little valley snow, too, but none to speak of so far. That’s not good news for the group of ski resorts that opened last week, but snow forecasters, like Evan Thayer of Open Snow are trying to remain optimistic. They’re seeing no snow for at least the next 8 days, but possibly some after that.
Right now we’re looking at an entire week in the mid-50s. And according to the KSL Air Quality Network, we’ll have moderate air quality along I-15 and throughout the Wasatch Front.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- A 6th Memphis officer is taken off the force after the fatal police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…