West Valley City house fire, no injuries
WEST VALLEY CITY — Around 1:56am on Tuesday, West Valley City Fire Department responded to a house fire on Chatterleigh Road.
The backside of a house at 3369 Chatterleigh Road was engulfed in flames in the early morning hours on November 30th.
All residents were safely outside upon fire department’s arrival
Fortunately, no one was injured as a result of the fire. When fire department officials arrived, all residents were safely outside.
Currently, the house is estimated to have incurred somewhere from $50,000 to $100,000 in damages from the fire and smoke.
West Valley City Fire Department extinguished the fire around 2:10am, 20 minutes after they were dispatched.
There were 3 residents living in the home. All of the residents are displaced for the time being.
Cause is under investigation
The cause of the fire is currently unknown. However, West Valley City Fire Battalion Chief Nick Dodge explained, they suspect the fire began on the deck area and moved into the house.
This story is developing. More details to come.
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect in Heber murder found dead, police say
- Power outage impacting much of Magna and West Valley City
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- First lady Dr. Jill Biden tests positive for Covid-19
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2