West Valley City house fire, no injuries
WEST VALLEY CITY — Around 1:56am on Tuesday, West Valley City Fire Department responded to a house fire on Chatterleigh Road.
The backside of a house at 3369 Chatterleigh Road was engulfed in flames in the early morning hours on November 30th.
All residents were safely outside upon fire department’s arrival
Fortunately, no one was injured as a result of the fire. When fire department officials arrived, all residents were safely outside.
Currently, the house is estimated to have incurred somewhere from $50,000 to $100,000 in damages from the fire and smoke.
West Valley City Fire Department extinguished the fire around 2:10am, 20 minutes after they were dispatched.
There were 3 residents living in the home. All of the residents are displaced for the time being.
Cause is under investigation
The cause of the fire is currently unknown. However, West Valley City Fire Battalion Chief Nick Dodge explained, they suspect the fire began on the deck area and moved into the house.
This story is developing. More details to come.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success