UDOT to close I-80 in Salt Lake City Saturday night
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation will close I-80 in both directions between 700 East and Foothill Drive in Salt Lake City on Saturday night.
On Dec. 4, while crews place beams for the new 1700 East bridge over the freeway, I-80 between East and Foothill Drive will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday.
Crews are constructing the new 1700 East bridge over I-80, UDOT said in a briefing.
Once the new bridge is fully constructed, crews will demolish the old bridge and slide the new one into its place.
I-80 reconstruction project
The bridge reconstruction at 1700 East is the next step in a bigger reconstruction project. Officials are planning and working to reconstruct the section of I-80 that spans between 1300 East and 2300 East. They will also work on the I-215 east belt between 3300 South and 4500 South.
Crews are replacing the existing pavement with new concrete and adding a new eastbound lane on I-80.
The 1700 east bridge replacement is the first of three bridges that will be replaced, along with bridges at 1300 East, 2300 East.
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- Senate passes Democrats’ sweeping health care and climate bill
- Restrictions on golf courses, non-functional grass among Washington County strict water rules
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- Can the average Utahn afford to go solar?
- Crowd lifts car from person hit by speeding driver in West Valley City