UDOT to close I-80 in Salt Lake City Saturday night
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation will close I-80 in both directions between 700 East and Foothill Drive in Salt Lake City on Saturday night.
On Dec. 4, while crews place beams for the new 1700 East bridge over the freeway, I-80 between East and Foothill Drive will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday.
Crews are constructing the new 1700 East bridge over I-80, UDOT said in a briefing.
Once the new bridge is fully constructed, crews will demolish the old bridge and slide the new one into its place.
I-80 reconstruction project
The bridge reconstruction at 1700 East is the next step in a bigger reconstruction project. Officials are planning and working to reconstruct the section of I-80 that spans between 1300 East and 2300 East. They will also work on the I-215 east belt between 3300 South and 4500 South.
Crews are replacing the existing pavement with new concrete and adding a new eastbound lane on I-80.
The 1700 east bridge replacement is the first of three bridges that will be replaced, along with bridges at 1300 East, 2300 East.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips