Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
LAS VEGAS, Nevada — The University of Utah and Utah State football teams are both playing in their respective conference title games this weekend.
Utes vs Ducks 2.0
The No.14 University of Utah Utes are gearing up for a rematch against the No.10 Oregon Ducks in the Pac12 Championship Friday evening.
— Utah Football (@Utah_Football) December 3, 2021
Utah beat Oregon in a blowout on November 20 at Rice Eccles Stadium. The final score in that contest was 7-38.
Now the Utes are forced to tackle the unique challenge of trying to beat a regular-season opponent in their conference title game.
While some sports experts have played up the difficulty of beating the same team twice, the Deseret News points out roughly 60% of college football teams pull it off.
Kick-off is set for 6:00 p.m. at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Utah State vs San Diego State
The Utah State Aggies travel to Carson, California to play against the San Diego State Aztecs in the Mountain West Conference title game Saturday.
#𝙈𝙒𝙁𝘽𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥 𝙍𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩: 𝙒𝙚𝙙𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙙𝙖𝙮@JKurtz_MWN reports on how @USUFootball’s defense has them in a spot to win a MW Championship while @Bridget_Howard8 explains how @AztecFB has come together on offense despite facing adversity this season. pic.twitter.com/MKDzuTEJlC
— Mountain West (@MountainWest) December 2, 2021
The Aggies carried a 9-3 record during the regular season, while the Aztecs went 11-1.
Kick-off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. at the Dignity Health Sports Park (formerly the StubHub Center) in Carson, California.
- Bowls and title games: what’s next for Utah college football teams
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead