Man stabbed following altercation in Washington City
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A southern Utah man suffered a serious stab wound to his arm following an altercation with his ex-girlfriend on Monday.
Authorities in Washington City were called to the area of 100 block of Red Stone Road, regarding a man with a stab wound.
When police arrived on scene, they found the man to be bleeding significantly from a wound inside his arm. Authorities immediately rendered first aid until paramedics arrived.
The man was taken to an area hospital for the treatment of his wound with his condition unknown.
During the investigation, police learned from witnesses the victim had been stabbed by a woman. Later, the woman was identified as Lauren Melissa Loper, of North Las Vegas. She was the victim’s ex-girlfriend and was in the area looking for a job.
Loper ran into the victim and his current girlfriend. Shortly thereafter, a verbal dispute broke out. In police documents, the victim states that he got Loper to return to her car. However, she returned moments later with a knife. The altercation got to the point that Loper leaned toward the victim and stabbed him. Loper then fled from the scene in a blue Toyota Camry.
A short time later, Loper was scene traveling east on SR-9, and was stopped in Hurricane. She was taken into custody without incident. She was booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility under investigation for second-degree aggravated assault, third-degree aggravated assault and a misdemeanor drug charge.
- Orem PD shoot man accused of stabbing his father
- SLCPD investigating stabbing incident that left victim in serious condition
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips