UPDATE: Suspect arrested in connection to the deadly shooting at the entrance of a strip club
Dec. 19 Update
Danielle Croyle from the South Salt Lake City Police Department confirmed the suspect in connection with the shooting has been arrested.
36-year-old Romalice Latrell Williams was located and charged with aggravated murder in relation to the Saturday morning incident on 3420 South State Street.
Police thanked the community for sharing the suspect’s photo on social media.
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — South Salt Lake police were out early Saturday morning in the area of 3420 South State Street investigating a deadly shooting.
South Salt Lake Police Public Information Officer Danielle Croyle said police received a call around 12:10 a.m. on Saturday that reported shots fired as Southern X-posure in South Salt Lake. Officers reported to the scene at 3420 State St. where the shooting took place.
“Officers arrive, the victim had been shot, and was transported to the hospital for treatment, and later passed away due to the injuries sustained,” said Croyle.
The site of the deadly shooting
An officer recorded a live video to facebook around 5 a.m. Saturday morning at the site of the deadly shooting. The officer provided updates and explained this is an active homicide investigation.
Croyle is asking anyone with information on this overnight shooting to call police dispatch at (801)840-4000.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Centerville home and mailbox damaged, two injured by speeding car
East High student arrested for bringing gun to school
Clinton stabbing suspect shot and killed by police
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- A former SLCPD officer discusses how police respond to copycat situations