Single-car accident in Manti kills one
MANTI, Utah — A one-vehicle crash Saturday morning in Manti claimed the life of one person.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident happened on Main Street at 6:20 a.m, when, authorities said, a Honda Accord was driving south on Main Street.
The vehicle crossed left of center, over two lanes of traffic, hitting a curb and then running directly into a large tree. The driver, who was the only occupant in the vehicle, died at the scene.
Authorities say fatigue and drug abuse are being looked at as contributing factors in the crash.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending the notification of the family.
- Summit County car crash claims one life, produces drug bust
- Two-car crash in American Fork injures three, kills one other
- Ogden car crash leaves three people badly injured
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito