Crash between trucks driving the same direction leaves one dead on I-70
EMERY COUNTY, Utah — A woman is dead after a crash with another car on I-70 near mile marker 154.
The crash happened on Saturday, Dec. 18 at around 7:30 pm.
According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, a red Kenworth truck was pulling an oversized gas field trailer heading eastbound, driven by a male driver. Heading the same direction, a white Kenworth with double trailers was being driven by the woman.
According to the male driver, he was hit from behind while going 55 mph with the lights and flashers on. The white truck with the unidentified female driver ran off the road to the left, she died on impact.
No names have been released, more information will follow.
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Senate race between Lee and McMullin is tight as election day gets closer
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges