Boy dies after falling through the ice at Gunnison Bend Reservoir
MILLARD COUNTY, Utah — A 10-year-old boy is dead after falling through the ice at Gunnison Bend Reservoir.
When first responders arrived at the reservoir, just west of Delta, they tried to save the boy. The Millard County Sheriff’s Office says family members pulled the boy out of the water, but it wasn’t known how long he’d been under. He was then rushed to the Delta Community Medical Center where they continued life-saving efforts.
The boy was then transported by helicopter to Primary Children’s Medical Center, where he later passed away.
- 20-car chain-reaction accident in Millard County claims six lives
- No injuries after a train derailed in Millard County on Saturday
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?