Boy dies after falling through the ice at Gunnison Bend Reservoir
MILLARD COUNTY, Utah — A 10-year-old boy is dead after falling through the ice at Gunnison Bend Reservoir.
When first responders arrived at the reservoir, just west of Delta, they tried to save the boy. The Millard County Sheriff’s Office says family members pulled the boy out of the water, but it wasn’t known how long he’d been under. He was then rushed to the Delta Community Medical Center where they continued life-saving efforts.
The boy was then transported by helicopter to Primary Children’s Medical Center, where he later passed away.
- 20-car chain-reaction accident in Millard County claims six lives
- No injuries after a train derailed in Millard County on Saturday
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure