Man arrested after crashing car, fleeing
SOUTH SALT LAKE, UTAH– A man is behind bars after reportedly crashing a stolen car, fleeing from police, and trying to jack another car.
Caller alerted police
The investigation began this morning a little after 7 a.m.
Police received a call with a report of an impaired driver near 800 S. 1000 W. The caller reported to police the car was speeding and crossed the center lane into oncoming traffic at one point, says SLCPD.
Crashed into parked car
Officers arrived at the area to look for the suspect. Shortly after, the driver crashed into a parked car near Indiana Avenue and Montgomery Street. A witness reported the driver left the vehicle and started walking west.
Fled from police
A SLCPD Sargeant reported seeing the suspect running toward a carwash nearby.
While fleeing from the police officer, the suspect tried to steal someone else’s car from the car wash parking lot.
Two police officers stopped the suspect from running away and arrested the suspect, reported SLCPD.
Police find other stolen items
Upon investigating the stolen car the suspect was driving, police found a passport, birth certificate, several cell phones, and a vehicle registration that all appeared to be stolen
Suspect’s previous warrant
Officers also discovered this suspect already had at least one active warrant when he was arrested.
This story is developing. Details to come.
- Bountiful porch thefts and stolen car recovered after call from alert neighbor, police work
- A car stolen twice in West Valley City
- Taylorsville woman in stolen car hits other cars while fleeing police
Today’s Top Stories
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song