Two-vehicle accident near Kanarraville has I-15 closed
KANARRAVILLE, Utah — A two-vehicle accident Sunday evening at milepost 47 near Kanarraville in Iron County has closed I-15 in both directions.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a semi-truck was involved in the accident with a passenger vehicle.
While authorities can’t say what caused the crash yet, UHP did say that LifeFlight is en route to the scene. All traffic is being diverted onto Highway 91. It is expected the southbound portion of I-15 could be closed for some time.
Northbound traffic on I-15 is closed at Exit 42 to Old Highway 91.
Traffic in both directions were reopened by 8:20 p.m. However, intermittent closures in both directions are possible. Drivers should expect delays and be prepared to stop.
This is a developing story, and more information will be provided as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces