Two-vehicle accident near Kanarraville has I-15 closed
KANARRAVILLE, Utah — A two-vehicle accident Sunday evening at milepost 47 near Kanarraville in Iron County has closed I-15 in both directions.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a semi-truck was involved in the accident with a passenger vehicle.
While authorities can’t say what caused the crash yet, UHP did say that LifeFlight is en route to the scene. All traffic is being diverted onto Highway 91. It is expected the southbound portion of I-15 could be closed for some time.
Northbound traffic on I-15 is closed at Exit 42 to Old Highway 91.
Traffic in both directions were reopened by 8:20 p.m. However, intermittent closures in both directions are possible. Drivers should expect delays and be prepared to stop.
This is a developing story, and more information will be provided as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot