Utah travel woes continue with 50 flight cancellations in one day
Jan 3, 2022, 7:05 AM | Updated: 2:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport reported 53 flight cancellations in the last 24 hours. Travel woes are not over for those trying to head back home from their holiday excursions.
The number of flight cancellations from the last 24 hours is roughly the same as the number canceled at this time last year.
Over the weekend, the airport canceled more than 50 flights. There were also nearly 190 flight delays.
Delta and Skywest canceled or delayed the most flights. Southwest Airlines followed close behind. The airline delayed over 50% of their flights.
The airport encourages those with plans to travel early the week of Jan. 2 to triple check their flight plans for cancellations and delays.
Contributing: Jacob Rueda
- Holiday flight cancellations soar with Covid-19 disruptions and bad weather
- Travel woes are not over for those trying to head back home from their holiday excursions.
- Drought conditions increase likelihood of a wildfire in winter
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers