Utah travel woes continue with 50 flight cancellations in one day
Jan 3, 2022, 7:05 AM | Updated: 2:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport reported 53 flight cancellations in the last 24 hours. Travel woes are not over for those trying to head back home from their holiday excursions.
The number of flight cancellations from the last 24 hours is roughly the same as the number canceled at this time last year.
Over the weekend, the airport canceled more than 50 flights. There were also nearly 190 flight delays.
Delta and Skywest canceled or delayed the most flights. Southwest Airlines followed close behind. The airline delayed over 50% of their flights.
The airport encourages those with plans to travel early the week of Jan. 2 to triple check their flight plans for cancellations and delays.
Contributing: Jacob Rueda
- Holiday flight cancellations soar with Covid-19 disruptions and bad weather
- Travel woes are not over for those trying to head back home from their holiday excursions.
- Drought conditions increase likelihood of a wildfire in winter
Today’s Top Stories
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- New scam in Duchesne County includes threat on life of a family member
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District