Betty White died of a stroke
(CNN) — Actress Betty White died after suffering a stroke six days prior, according to her death certificate.
The official cause of death listed on the Los Angeles County document obtained by CNN is cerebrovascular accident, the medical term for a stroke, when blood flow to the brain is blocked causing impairment due to lack of oxygen.
White died in her Los Angeles home early on New Year’s Eve at the age of 99.
Best known for her roles on “The Golden Girls” and “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” White was a fan favorite, adored across generations.
A nationwide movie event will go on as planned on January 17th, to celebrate what would have been White’s 100th birthday. The film, to be shown at 900 theaters nationwide, will follow White’s day-to-day life, highlighting her work and fervent advocacy for animals.
White’s funeral will be a private.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
- Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Weber County boy rescued after getting stuck in mud
- Trump loses appeal, he and children must testify in New York civil probe
- Gov. Cox says housing problems in Utah are worsened by Airbnb, Vrbo
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- West Valley City police report missing, at-risk child
- Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash