Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for three suspects who broke down an apartment door and shot a resident in his leg.
Around 4:00 a.m. three male suspects broke into an apartment near 754 N 900 W. The sound of the group breaking down the door concerned the resident of the home.
When the resident went to inspect the sound, one of the suspects pulled out a handgun. The man shot the resident in his leg. All three of the suspects then fled the scene.
At 4:23 a.m., The Salt Lake City Police Department’s investigation began. The suspects, who were described as three young men, fled the scene before officers arrived.
Breaking: @slcpolice called to a shooting with injuries in the Rose Park area near 750 North 900 West, KSL TV’s @jdubz66 is on scene giving us a live look. I’ll have updates on KSL Today. @KSL5TV #utah pic.twitter.com/or4Pyq8cel
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) January 19, 2022
Lieutenant Valencia with the Salt Lake Police Department reported that the victim was transported to the hospital. He is expected to be okay.
In a press release, Salt Lake police expressed the incident seems to be isolated. Police believe there is no imminent danger to the community in Rose Park near the home invasion and resultant shooting.
Our detectives are looking for three suspects following a home invasion and shooting. For more info, read our press release:https://t.co/vEu2vX752Y
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 19, 2022
The investigation is ongoing. Police are aware of incident related to a car jacking that took place earlier in West Valley City. Based on a preliminary investigation, Police believe the two incidents are connected.
Police do not know the suspects’ motive for breaking into the home early on Wednesday. However, police believe the resident was targeted in this crime.
The suspects remain at large as police work to locate them.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
- Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Weber County boy rescued after getting stuck in mud
- Trump loses appeal, he and children must testify in New York civil probe
- Gov. Cox says housing problems in Utah are worsened by Airbnb, Vrbo
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- West Valley City police report missing, at-risk child
- Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash