Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for three suspects who broke down an apartment door and shot a resident in his leg.
Around 4:00 a.m. three male suspects broke into an apartment near 754 N 900 W. The sound of the group breaking down the door concerned the resident of the home.
When the resident went to inspect the sound, one of the suspects pulled out a handgun. The man shot the resident in his leg. All three of the suspects then fled the scene.
At 4:23 a.m., The Salt Lake City Police Department’s investigation began. The suspects, who were described as three young men, fled the scene before officers arrived.
Breaking: @slcpolice called to a shooting with injuries in the Rose Park area near 750 North 900 West, KSL TV’s @jdubz66 is on scene giving us a live look. I’ll have updates on KSL Today. @KSL5TV #utah pic.twitter.com/or4Pyq8cel
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) January 19, 2022
Lieutenant Valencia with the Salt Lake Police Department reported that the victim was transported to the hospital. He is expected to be okay.
In a press release, Salt Lake police expressed the incident seems to be isolated. Police believe there is no imminent danger to the community in Rose Park near the home invasion and resultant shooting.
Our detectives are looking for three suspects following a home invasion and shooting. For more info, read our press release:https://t.co/vEu2vX752Y
This appears to be an isolated incident and we do not believe there is an imminent danger to the community.#slc #ut #slcpd pic.twitter.com/qZnlrJM5lo
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 19, 2022
The investigation is ongoing. Police are aware of incident related to a car jacking that took place earlier in West Valley City. Based on a preliminary investigation, Police believe the two incidents are connected.
Police do not know the suspects’ motive for breaking into the home early on Wednesday. However, police believe the resident was targeted in this crime.
The suspects remain at large as police work to locate them.
- New Spanish Fork police chief took oath of office on Tuesday
- Bill would create exemptions under stalking laws, concerns raised
- One dead after on-fire car crashed across Bangerter Highway
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn