Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
Jan 20, 2022, 7:44 AM | Updated: 7:46 am
PROVO, Utah — A Corvette traveling at a high speed left the roadway, rolled down a hill, and fell off an embankment. One of the two people in the vehicle is in critical condition. The other is being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
On Wednesday evening, a single vehicle crash occurred in the area of 4800 North University Avenue.
Just after 10:20 p.m. two passengers in a silver Corvette encountered a severe car accident. The vehicle was speeding in the area of Foothill Drive. The car caused minor damage to another vehicle and then struck a jersey barrier.
The vehicle continued over the barrier, rolled down a hill, and eventually fell from an elevated embankment onto University Avenue.
The vehicle caught fire when it came to a halt.
The Provo Fire Department and police reported to the scene of the accident.
The vehicle was occupied by a 26-year-old and a 25-year-old. The 25-year-old woman was transported to the hospital in critical condition. The 26-year-old male is being treated for non life-threatening injures.
This story is developing.
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- One dead after on-fire car crashed across Bangerter Highway
- Residents save driver after car sinks in frozen river
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process