Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
Jan 20, 2022, 7:44 AM | Updated: 7:46 am
PROVO, Utah — A Corvette traveling at a high speed left the roadway, rolled down a hill, and fell off an embankment. One of the two people in the vehicle is in critical condition. The other is being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
On Wednesday evening, a single vehicle crash occurred in the area of 4800 North University Avenue.
Just after 10:20 p.m. two passengers in a silver Corvette encountered a severe car accident. The vehicle was speeding in the area of Foothill Drive. The car caused minor damage to another vehicle and then struck a jersey barrier.
The vehicle continued over the barrier, rolled down a hill, and eventually fell from an elevated embankment onto University Avenue.
The vehicle caught fire when it came to a halt.
The Provo Fire Department and police reported to the scene of the accident.
The vehicle was occupied by a 26-year-old and a 25-year-old. The 25-year-old woman was transported to the hospital in critical condition. The 26-year-old male is being treated for non life-threatening injures.
This story is developing.
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- One dead after on-fire car crashed across Bangerter Highway
- Residents save driver after car sinks in frozen river
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
- Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Weber County boy rescued after getting stuck in mud
- Trump loses appeal, he and children must testify in New York civil probe
- Gov. Cox says housing problems in Utah are worsened by Airbnb, Vrbo
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- West Valley City police report missing, at-risk child
- Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash