A man has been arrested after breaking into West High School late at night
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a 31-year-old man in connection with a burglary at West High School late Thursday night.
Around 11:45 p.m., Salt Lake City Police responded to reports of a burglary alarm sounding at West High School. When officers arrived they found a male suspect. He began to run from officers on foot. However, police were eventually able to get ahold of him.
Police are working to find out more about the suspect. They identified the suspect through security camera footage at the high school. The individual police have detained matches the description.
The investigation is ongoing to determine whether he is the suspect involved in the school burglary. Police reported there were minimal damages to the building. No one was injured.
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process