A man has been arrested after breaking into West High School late at night
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a 31-year-old man in connection with a burglary at West High School late Thursday night.
Around 11:45 p.m., Salt Lake City Police responded to reports of a burglary alarm sounding at West High School. When officers arrived they found a male suspect. He began to run from officers on foot. However, police were eventually able to get ahold of him.
Police are working to find out more about the suspect. They identified the suspect through security camera footage at the high school. The individual police have detained matches the description.
The investigation is ongoing to determine whether he is the suspect involved in the school burglary. Police reported there were minimal damages to the building. No one was injured.
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Humane Society of Utah says shelters are full, adoptions are needed