A man has been arrested after breaking into West High School late at night
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a 31-year-old man in connection with a burglary at West High School late Thursday night.
Around 11:45 p.m., Salt Lake City Police responded to reports of a burglary alarm sounding at West High School. When officers arrived they found a male suspect. He began to run from officers on foot. However, police were eventually able to get ahold of him.
Police are working to find out more about the suspect. They identified the suspect through security camera footage at the high school. The individual police have detained matches the description.
The investigation is ongoing to determine whether he is the suspect involved in the school burglary. Police reported there were minimal damages to the building. No one was injured.
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- UDOT truck veers into Big Cottonwood Canyon canal, no water contamination suspected
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says it plans more Great Salt Lake, water…
- TSA digital ID process lets travelers use app to get through security
- Suspect dead, officer injured after shootout in Springville
- Sanpete Search and Rescue extract hikers from slot canyon
- Spanish Fork Holi Festival of Colors, coming soon