It’s the last day to get a permit for hiking Angels Landing this spring
Jan 21, 2022, 2:42 PM | Updated: 2:46 pm
(AP Photo/Utah Office of Tourism, Wm. Floyd Holdman)
SPRINGDALE, Utah — Today, January 21, is the last day to register for hiking permits at Angels Landing in Zion National Park.
A new program designed to reduce overcrowding and congestion on the trails begins this spring.
Effective April 1, everyone who hikes Angels Landing must have a permit to do so. But in order to get a permit for April and May, you’ll need to enter a lottery for $6.
The deadline to enter the lottery is Friday, Jan. 21 at midnight. There is another lottery in the spring for those planning to hike in June and July.
READ MORE: Plan trips to Utah national parks in advance, say tourism officials
Register here to enter the lottery.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Sandy police and fire respond to near drowning of infant
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves