Armed robber in downtown SLC in custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A man sitting outside of an apartment complex was attacked by an armed robber early Wednesday morning.
The Salt Lake City Police Department reported they have a suspect in an armed robbery in custody. Police report the individual is a 38-year-old man named Cody Sweeney.
He is accused of using a loaded handgun to assault and then take property from a man sitting outside an apartment complex.
The victim told officers the suspect became upset after a brief conversation and proceeded to hit him in the head with the gun before 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Yesterday officers arrested a 38-year-old man accused of using a loaded handgun to assault and then take property from a man sitting outside an apartment complex. For more information, read our press release:https://t.co/4fSm2oGFMT#slc #ut #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/m0ggao6YBz
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 27, 2022
Suspected armed robber in custody
When police responded to the scene, they received information about the suspect’s whereabouts. They located Sweeney near 300 South and Main Street. Sweeney fought an officer, but no one was injured. He was taken into custody.
A weapon was found near the scene of the crime.
Police reported in a statement, the victim had minor injuries, and he turned down medical assistance.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer