Armed robber in downtown SLC in custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A man sitting outside of an apartment complex was attacked by an armed robber early Wednesday morning.
The Salt Lake City Police Department reported they have a suspect in an armed robbery in custody. Police report the individual is a 38-year-old man named Cody Sweeney.
He is accused of using a loaded handgun to assault and then take property from a man sitting outside an apartment complex.
The victim told officers the suspect became upset after a brief conversation and proceeded to hit him in the head with the gun before 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Yesterday officers arrested a 38-year-old man accused of using a loaded handgun to assault and then take property from a man sitting outside an apartment complex. For more information, read our press release:https://t.co/4fSm2oGFMT#slc #ut #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/m0ggao6YBz
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 27, 2022
Suspected armed robber in custody
When police responded to the scene, they received information about the suspect’s whereabouts. They located Sweeney near 300 South and Main Street. Sweeney fought an officer, but no one was injured. He was taken into custody.
A weapon was found near the scene of the crime.
Police reported in a statement, the victim had minor injuries, and he turned down medical assistance.
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- Fight the drought, install artificial turf. Landscape expert shares advice.
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Big delays on FrontRunner from Roy to Clearfield after train versus person accident
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- Ex-cop pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd killing
- US Soccer equalizes pay in milestone with women, men
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide