Dead body found in the Jordan River
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City fire officials found a body in the Jordan River on Thursday.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department public information officer confirmed crews reported to the Jordan River on Thursday.
Crews performed a swift water rescue, However, the individual in the river was dead when they arrived. Officials found the body near 720 North Riverside Drive.
Our officers are on scene of a body found in the Jordan River. Detectives with our Homicide Unit are on scene, which is a standard protocol.
Media staging is at 720 North Riverside Drive. A PIO is on scene.#slc #saltlakecity #ut #slcpd pic.twitter.com/e1uh2ztAHK
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 27, 2022
Although homicide detectives came to the scene, SLC police reported it is just standard protocol. Officials offered no other information about the individual found the in the river.
- Teen charged in juvenile court with two counts of first-degree murder in the Hunter High shooting
- Wisconsin sex trafficking case involved a victim from Utah
- Driver facing possible charges after truck crashes into building
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date