Dead body found in the Jordan River
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City fire officials found a body in the Jordan River on Thursday.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department public information officer confirmed crews reported to the Jordan River on Thursday.
Crews performed a swift water rescue, However, the individual in the river was dead when they arrived. Officials found the body near 720 North Riverside Drive.
Our officers are on scene of a body found in the Jordan River. Detectives with our Homicide Unit are on scene, which is a standard protocol.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 27, 2022
Although homicide detectives came to the scene, SLC police reported it is just standard protocol. Officials offered no other information about the individual found the in the river.
- Teen charged in juvenile court with two counts of first-degree murder in the Hunter High shooting
- Wisconsin sex trafficking case involved a victim from Utah
- Driver facing possible charges after truck crashes into building
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital