Dead body found in the Jordan River
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City fire officials found a body in the Jordan River on Thursday.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department public information officer confirmed crews reported to the Jordan River on Thursday.
Crews performed a swift water rescue, However, the individual in the river was dead when they arrived. Officials found the body near 720 North Riverside Drive.
Our officers are on scene of a body found in the Jordan River. Detectives with our Homicide Unit are on scene, which is a standard protocol.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 27, 2022
Although homicide detectives came to the scene, SLC police reported it is just standard protocol. Officials offered no other information about the individual found the in the river.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process