Amazon is increasing the price of its Prime service
(CNN) — Amazon is raising the price of its annual Prime subscriptions from $119 to $139 per year, the company announced along with its earnings report Thursday.
The price of a monthly subscription will also increase from $12.99 to $14.99.
Why Amazon Prime is increasing
The company said it is increasing the price because of “expanded Prime membership benefits,” such as added Prime Video content and expanded free same-day shipping, as well to compensate for the rising costs of labor and transportation in its distribution network.
The company last raised prices for Prime in 2018, when it bumped the annual membership up from $99. The latest price hike represents a 17% increase.
When you can expect to see prices change
The change will go into effect on February 18 for new Amazon Prime members and after March 25 for existing members.
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Amazon offers to pay college tuition for most US workers
- Amazon buys MGM in a mega media deal
- New Amazon Delivery station in Marriott-Slaterville
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols