South Salt Lake police investigating suspicious death of an infant
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Authorities are investigating the suspicious death of an infant, South Salt Lake police say.
According to police, emergency personnel received a call of unresponsive infant Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. When first responders arrived on scene at 3674 South State Street, life-saving measures were performed on the infant. However, emergency personnel were unable to save the infant.
According to South Salt Lake police, this incident is being looked at as an unattended death because no cause of death has been determined yet.
Police also say that it’s suspicious only because they don’t know what happened. Authorities are looking at every possibility.
The scene is still being processed, according to officials. Police also say there will be more answers regarding this incident in the weeks to come.
The mother and other family members were on scene, and are being cooperative, police say.
- South Salt Lake police don’t fault bystanders for not intervening on viral abduction video
- South Salt Lake Police investigating possible kidnapping
Today’s Top Stories
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- President Dallin H. Oaks rededicates the Mesa Arizona Temple
- Bear Fire north of Price at 9,800 acres, public meeting scheduled Sunday
- Arab spacecraft enters orbit around Mars in historic flight