One person killed in crash on Legacy Highway in Davis County
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a two-vehicle crash on Legacy Highway in Davis County that claimed the life of one person Tuesday morning.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred near milepost 10 at 8:09 a.m. Police say that a white Hyundai Elantra was driving southbound on Legacy Highway. Police say that the vehicle went off the left shoulder through the median.
The Hyundai spun onto the northbound lanes and was struck by a white Dodge Ram 3500 truck, which was traveling in the left lane.
Police say that the collision sent the Hyundai back into the median. The Dodge, meanwhile, stopped in the left northbound lane.
The 24-year-old driver, who the only occupant of the Hyundai, died at the scene from injuries suffered in the crash. Three individuals in the Dodge were treated at the scene for minor injuries and were released by medical personnel.
Legacy Highway was closed in both directions for nearly three hours. According to the UHP, it reopened around noon.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- Legacy Highway open, suspect in custody following SWAT activity
- Motorcyclist killed in crash into power box off Legacy Parkway
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery