The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer
SALT LAKE CITY — In honor of National Pizza Day, which is February 9, the online directory website Yelp is looking for its first ever Chief Pizza Officer.
To enter the contest, individuals should submit a 30 to 60 second video explaining why they are the right person for the job. Interested individuals should apply online at chiefpizzaofficer.yelp.com anytime between now and February 28. A winner will be selected on or around March 15.
The title of Chief Pizza Officer will last six months. However, the winning person will be paid $25,000 to continue learning about pizza across the country. The winning person will also be expected to stay abreast of what trends may be coming in regard to pizza.
According to the website, pizza is one of the top five most searched items on Yelp. Pizza variations are always a regular a top trend for those using Yelp.
According to a blog at Yelp, a list of the top 100 pizza restaurants in the country were listed.
Utah had two restaurants in the southern part of the state make the cut. Dixie Pizza Wagon, in Hurricane, was 23rd on the list, while Cedar City’s Centro Woodfired Pizzeria was 73rd on the list. Cheese Board Pizza, in Berkeley, California was first on the list.
- Heart of Utah: Pizza shop owner goes viral and gives back
- Pizza Hut rolls out a new stuffed crust — minus the pizza
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb