Skier dies after a collision at Snowbasin Ski Resort
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — A 35-year-old skier died after a collision at Snow Basin Ski Resort on Friday afternoon, Feb. 11.
Morgan County Sheriff Sgt. Corey Stark did not say what the skier collided with. But he did say that the Snow Basin Ski Patrol was on the scene of the accident almost immediately.
“After life-saving measures, they were unable to get a response from the guest,” Stark said.
An EMT crew from Snow Basin, a medical helicopter, and Morgan County officials all responded to the accident, Stark said.
The man was skiing with friends, who called in the report.
On Monday, Feb. 14, a 14-year-old boy died after an accident at Alta Ski Resort. An investigation into the death continues. And on Saturday, Feb. 12, a five-year-old boy was injured when he slid about 1,000 feet down a mountain at an unnamed resort
Alexis Pineiro contributed.
- 14-year-old dead after ski accident at Alta
- Resorts and snow lovers prepare for 2021-2022 Utah ski season
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Senate race between Lee and McMullin is tight as election day gets closer
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges