Armed man arrested in Sugar House
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police officers safely took a 34-year-old man into custody Thursday night. The armed man was arrested on domestic-violence charges near 1100 E. Ramona Ave. after police received a 911 call from a woman requesting help.
The victim reported a family member, later identified as Austin Trivett, was intoxicated and firing gunshots outside. Officers arrived on scene less than six minutes after receiving the emergency call.
Once on scene, officers learned that the victim had left the residence. But they said they were able to locate her nearby. She was taken to a safe location.
More than a dozen SLCPD officers and sergeants surrounded the house to arrest the armed man. Trivett came out of the house suddenly, but officers said they were able to de-escalate the situation and placed him in custody.
Trivett was taken to Salt Lake County Metro Jail on suspicion of domestic violence, aggravated assault and discharging a firearm.
Police Lt. Lisa Pascadlo, the on-scene incident commander, praised the officers for their safe handling of the situation.
Domestic violence resources
The Utah Domestic Violence Coalition operates a confidential statewide, 24-hour domestic abuse hotline at 1-800-897-LINK (5465). Resources are also available online: udvc.org.
People in abusive relationships can get help by contacting:
- Utah Domestic Violence Coalition: Utah’s confidential statewide, 24-hour domestic violence hotline at 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- YWCA Women in Jeopardy program: 801-537-8600
- Utah’s statewide child abuse and neglect hotline: 1-855-323-DCFS (3237)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it