Utah Avalanche Center issues special warning for this weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Avalanche Center issued Friday evening a Special Avalanche Bulletin for Saturday, March 12.
The Center is concerned that a serious avalanche could occur this weekend. It says a considerable avalanche danger exists across northern and central Utah. The Center also says this is when the most accidents and fatalities take place.
Great powder along with near-perfect weather combined with dangerous avalanche conditions make accidents likely to happen.
According to the Center, there have been several close calls this week. It commonly sees a lot of close calls before a serious accident occurs.
Before heading into the outdoors, the Center has two simple messages for individuals.
- Make sure everyone knows how to use an avalanche beacon, shovel and probe.
- Avoid being on, near or under all avalanche terrain and steep slopes.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash