Man disguised as the Joker in custody for investigation of attempted murder
VERNAL, Utah — Vernal police took a 24-year-old man into custody Monday night, after they say he painted his face like the Joker and allegedly tried to murder an occupant of a house he tried to break into.
Police say Jonathan Tyler Clark, of Vernal, was booked into the Uintah County Jail for investigation of attempted murder, unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon, intoxication and criminal trespass. He is being held without bail.
According to police, the incident began when police received a call of an individual attempting to break into a house. The suspect had left the area before police could arrive. However, authorities were told the suspect had painted his face like the Joker from the Batman movies.
Police say the suspect attempted to break into a window of the victim’s home. However, that was unsuccessful. So, he waited on the porch until someone with a flashlight came along and told him to leave.
A short time later, authorities were able to catch up with Clark. According to police, he was found in possession of a knife. Later, the suspect stated he had stolen the knife along with the paint from a Walmart, police say.
During the law enforcement investigation, authorities discovered that Clark knew the occupants of the home he allegedly tried to break into. According to the investigation, the suspect was allegedly planning to kill one of the residents due to a prior argument. He also reportedly told police that he would kill anyone that got in his way.
Police say there is no further threat to the community.
- Draper Police warn parents about dangerous TikTok trend using toy guns
- A two-vehicle crash near Vernal kills one person
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study