Sen. Mike Lee gets endorsement from former President Trump
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Sen. Mike Lee got an endorsement from former President Donald Trump on Friday.
The former president tells TheHill.com the following:
“Senator Mike Lee has done an outstanding job for the wonderful people of Utah,” he said. “There is no greater voice for our military, our Vets, Law and Order, or our Second Amendment, which is under total siege. He loves his state and is by far the superior Senator there – not even a contest.”
Lee is seeking a third term in Washington, having won the past two elections by receiving more than 60 percent of the vote. In November, Lee will face Evan McMullin, an Independent, and a former 2016 Presidential candidate.
According to The Hill, McMullin raised more money than Lee did in the first three months. The Hill reports that McMullin raised a little more than $1 million.
“He is laughed at by all, and would be a disaster for the State,” Trump said of McMullin. “And you can’t have two such Senators like that at one time. Mike Lee, on the other hand, is top of the line. He has my complete and total endorsement.”
- Plenty of challengers for Mike Lee in Senate race, but little competition
- Third-party conservative Evan McMullin challenges Utah Sen. Mike Lee
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit