Saddle of Love
Saddle of Love is a therapeutic ranch where participants ride and bond with horses using equine assisted psychotherapy. They serve youth, young adults, and families struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, and other indications leading to suicide ideation. They partner with horses to explore self-awareness, connection, confidence, and to gain new perspectives.
A connection with animals alongside therapy techniques can help reduce the risk of suicide. Saddle of Love’s vision is to teach at-risk youth to be mentally healthy and provide a supportive network of resources.
Each session is led by a licensed psychotherapist who is also a certified equine interaction specialist – teaching mental health techniques and horsemanship skills. They believe that one of the most important things is to love ourselves and accept ourselves exactly the way we are.
If you’d like to participate, volunteer, or donate please visit saddleoflove.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing power of horses provided by Saddle of Love as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook