Saddle of Love
Saddle of Love is a therapeutic ranch where participants ride and bond with horses using equine assisted psychotherapy. They serve youth, young adults, and families struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, and other indications leading to suicide ideation. They partner with horses to explore self-awareness, connection, confidence, and to gain new perspectives.
A connection with animals alongside therapy techniques can help reduce the risk of suicide. Saddle of Love’s vision is to teach at-risk youth to be mentally healthy and provide a supportive network of resources.
Each session is led by a licensed psychotherapist who is also a certified equine interaction specialist – teaching mental health techniques and horsemanship skills. They believe that one of the most important things is to love ourselves and accept ourselves exactly the way we are.
If you’d like to participate, volunteer, or donate please visit saddleoflove.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing power of horses provided by Saddle of Love as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations