Suspect sought in connection with death of Magna man
MAGNA, Utah — Family and friends of 20-year-old Fernando Ruesga of Magna held a vigil on April 9 in memory of the man who was found dead in a car at an apartment complex near 7250 West 2600 South the day before.
Unified Police Det. Kevin Mallory says they received several 911 calls that shots had been fired around 4:30 p.m. Friday, April 8 at the Colony Farms apartment complex.
Mallory says once there, they found a man, later identified as Ruesga, dead inside a vehicle.
A witness, Jon Dorman, tells KSL 5 TV he had been working from home when he noticed from his unit’s window, two men he thought had been looking for a fight. A short time later, one of the men went to get a gun, shots were fired, then he watched as the suspect sped away in a silver Maserati.
“I watched the suspect drive east, then north to SR 201, then once the coast was clear, there were two other women outside at the time, and so I walked outside to make sure they were okay, then we called 911,” recalls Dorman.
As of late Sunday morning, Mallory said nothing had changed since it was announced that officers were searching for a suspect. He says not much is known about that suspect, and that it did not appear that the general public was in harm’s way.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland