Sistine Chapel exhibition coming to Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY — A new exhibition will bring Michaelangelo’s Sistine Chapel art to Salt Lake City. The Gateway mall will host the exhibition for a limited time, beginning April 29.
The exhibition will showcase “near-life-size reproductions” of Michaelangelo’s ceiling frescos in the Vatican’s Sistine Chapel.
“This exhibition gives visitors a chance to engage with Rome’s most iconic treasures in ways that were never possible,” said Martin Biallas, CEO of SEE Global Entertainment which produces the exhibit.
34 reproductions will include “The Creation of Adam” and “The Last Judgement,” some of Michaelangelo’s most famous frescos.
The reproductions will be “in a format that allows viewers to get face-to-face with the masterpieces” according to the producers of the exhibition.
“We are delighted to bring this must-see interactive art exhibit to The Gateway,” said Jacklyn Briggs, regional marketing director at Vestar, the company that owns The Gateway.
“This exhibit will be a perfect addition to our vibrant arts district we’ve created and provide a unique opportunity for visitors of all ages to engage and interact with beautiful art while visiting our space,” Briggs said.
Visitors can add an audio guide that provides narration in multiple languages. Apart from English, the audio guide includes Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, and German as well.
Biallas said the exhibition had sold-out openings in San Diego, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. He said the producers of the exhibition are excited to bring it to Salt Lake City.
The exhibition will run from April 29 to June 19. It will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with time slots available every 30 minutes. The exhibition is open to all ages.
Tickets are on sale now, starting at $23 per adult. For tickets and additional information, visit the exhibition’s website.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run