Three dead in house fire, explosion in Delta
DELTA, Utah — Three people are dead from a house fire in Delta on Saturday, April 16, 2022. A news release reports that first responders from Delta Fire Dept., Millard County Sheriff’s Office and Millard Co. EMT were called at 4:45 p.m. on reports of an explosion at the home.
The three people were inside the house when firefighters responded. As of early Sunday, April 17, identities of the victims were not released. The cause is under investigation.
KSL 5 News Specialist Karah Brackin was in Delta, at the scene of the fire early Sunday afternoon. As of 1:30 p.m., she had only seen the damage, she says it was extensive to the structure of the home.
“The whole side is gone, the back is gone, the front door is gone as well,” says Brackin.
A neighbor’s home was spared, but Brackin says you could see some signs of minor damage sustained during the fire.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered