Utahns will make their choices at this weekend’s 2022 Nominating Conventions
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Republicans and Democrats hold their state nominating conventions this weekend. On the Republican side, three candidates — Sen. Mike Lee, Ally Isom, and Becky Edwards — have already qualified for the primary election by gathering the necessary number of signatures.
(You can hear our pre-convention interviews from Isom, Edwards, and Lee below)
Becky Edwards interview on Utah’s Morning News:
Sen. Mike Lee’s interview on Utah’s Morning News:
The Republican convention will be held at the Mountain American Expo Center in Sandy. The Democratic nominating convention will be held at Cottonwood High School.
Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) has six GOP Senate challengers to contend with at this convention, including Ally Isom, Laird Fetzer Hamblin, Evan Barlow, Loy Brunson, Jeremy Friedbaum, and Becky Edwards.
Utah Democrats are also holding their nominating convention this weekend. They have to decide whether to nominate their own party’s candidate, Kael Weston, for the Senate.
Some party leaders say independent candidate Evan McMullin is in a better position to beat Sen. Mike Lee.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”