Soap box derby set for Saturday in Daybreak
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Daybreak will host its second annual Soap Box Derby on Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.
The event is a race consisting of gravity-powered cars steered by individuals. Those participating in the race have built their cars from official kits or from scratch. They will compete for the fastest and best-looking cars in their division – Freestyle and Stock.
The event also has events for those not participating in the derby. Additionally, there will be car-themed activities, crafts and food trucks.
Anyone in the Salt Lake City area is invited to the event.
- Daybreak neighborhood holds first-ever soap box derby
- Daybreak residents rally to support mother of boys killed in apparent murder-suicide
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success